Thursday, October 1, 2015

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Lets star off with notes from last week, shall we? There where 2 notes that are the most important.

1 - The audio track is good.

I had been worried that maybe the audio track, that evolves and runs through most of the animation, would have been too much. But people really responded to it and they all felt it helped to emphasize the different points in the animation.

2 - Less cuts in the beginning.

This was brought up and it really does make sense. By having more fluid motion and longer scenes before meeting evil it with let the cuts later be that much more impactful. 

With that I decided not to change anything in animatic just yet. Yes, the beginning needs to have less cuts, but I want it it be camera moves and until I can figure out the most efficient way to do that it will have to stay.

With all that there has been other progress this week.

My girl has a design, and a new name!

So her new name is Pepper. (Anna didn’t fit anymore and I need a good name to call out when the animating of her gets complex)

I’ve also worked out some of the designs in the different worlds. I know I said I wanted to get them all up together but I’m still thinking about one...)

My first step is always to do a ruff color draft. This lets me figure out the color without spending too much time on drawing the character out in detail.


Now Main World is going to be 2D, Illustrator-Vector-Like and Evil World, before getting overcome by charcoal, was colored pencils - not blended together (I want you to be able to see the different lines and strokes.) So I have these two. I'm not 100% on which one is for Evil World but I have two different takes on it. The left one can also be a base for the AI file.





















Then I've go Fantasy World. She got a bit younger here, but it's okay. It's a different world and since each one changes the composition, who is to say it can't make you look younger or older?



This is the first design for Water World. Yes, her hair is too dark. When I bought the paper I thought her hair would be brown but it evolved to more dirty blonde. I also say design 1 because she might be too complex so I might play with making this world more simple.



As for Cliff World, I’m not sure yet if it will be more like Disney 3D or low ploy 3D. Since I will be doing that part in Maya (and using the program for the first time) I want to say poly, but I have to see.

Till next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment