Wednesday, October 7, 2015

10% Luck, 20% Skill

Hello again.

So this past week I focused on the main world as it will be my bookend location. I’ve nearly finished Pepper’s design, though I might change the features on her face a tad.



It was decided that the first part that I will work to create will be the third part - Cliff World and Main World (pt2). That animation will therefore be due at the end of semester.

Why start with part 3?

Part 1 has Fantasy World in it. While I’m 85% sure on how the pipeline should work for the water color, I’m not 100%.

Part 2 has Evil World (and Water World) and that has a LOT of charcoal. I have only a small idea how the part will be animated, be it photoshop brushes, scanned in textures, or a bit of both. Either way I wan’t Christmas Break to figure it out.

That leaves me with part 3 to start with.

It also means that I have Cliff World which will be in computer 3D. Since I need to create a rigged character, and have only ever rigged a fish, I’m going to be finding a cheap version of Cinema4D instead of Maya. Though I want to learn the program, I have only a few weeks so I don’t really have time for learning how to model and animate from scratch. Thankfully my classmates from Ringling came through and gave me some suggestions where to find a cheap version -THANKS GUYS!!


Moving on.

One last thing I did, as prep for the up coming work, is a small - simple motion test.

The idea was to get an idea of how I’m actually going to animate Pepper. What angles will I need assets for? How much range can this arm give me? Should it be drawn differently? What would be easier to build in After Effects instead of Illustrator? 




The test helped answer a few things. Some more tests will be needed.



Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment