Wednesday, September 2, 2015

And That's What It's All About

This blog is being run in conjunction with a class I am taking for Pratt’s MFA Animation program. By following this you will get to see the process and steps I take to complete a 3 part animation short I will be making over the next 2 semesters.

So join me through the sketches and first ideas, to the storyboards, motion tests, and beyond. Watch and see this short animation come to life, even though all I have right now is a small idea.

But first, don't you want to know who I am?

My name is Christina and I recently moved to Brooklyn to attend this masters program at Pratt. In the spring I just graduated from Ringling College of Art and Design in Sarasota Florida with a BFA in Motion Design and a minor in Fine Arts-Sculpture. You could say though, that Pratt is my 4th school as I went to Moore College of Art and Design in Philadelphia for a year and a few months at a school in Florence, Italy. But regardless of where I studied I will always consider myself a Jersey Girl (and correct, I don’t pump my own gas.)

Because of my various backgrounds, my animation style is a bit... everywhere. I like 3D, find stop motion very fun even if it’s tedious, and am quite comfortable with 2D. 

A few things that inspire my work is: Disney, anime, Laika, and Wetta Workshop. Each does something different and 3 are places that I would love to work at in the future.

For now though I have classes to pass, and this animation to create. Future jobs will have to wait until tomorrow - what what a great, big, beautiful tomorrow it looks to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment